It’s midnight, on what typically is a work night and I have the good fortune to be at SFO waiting for a flight to Singapore. It’s my second trip this year and the experiment on this trip is to blog about daily adventures when I’m not working. I’ve read fashion and travel blogs, for the beautiful photography and to live vicariously through their adventures, now it’s my turn. My weekends are usually Netflix and takeout, this weekend it’s the Formula 1 Grand Prix with a Maroon 5 concert.
Since I’ve been practicing an attitude of gratitude, I scored an aisle seat in the exit row…winning! I was accidentally booked in business class and those dreams were dashed when the travel department caught the error. However, pure luck has intervened for a fairly comfortable flight in the exit row. I can practically do boot camp with the extra leg room. That probably won’t happen, I’m planning to read and watch movies like a champ!
Here’s what I planned to pack prior to editing. It’s incredibly hot and humid in Singapore all year-long, the recommendation is to pack lightweight cotton, linen or other airy items. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of cotton or linen in my closet and I’m a notorious over packer. My attempt to pare things back is below, it’s still a lot. The main thing is it fits in one bag, since I’m not island hopping, having a large suitcase isn’t an issue.
– Black lace dress for fancy restaurants
– Black halter swimsuit coverup
– Hot pink swim dress (edited out)
– Black swim dress
– Black and white dress for work
– Black dress for work
Jackets & Cardigans
– Red Santuary jacket
– Blue waterproof safari jacket for night safari
– Black short sleeve cardigan
– Gray t-shirt weight asymmetric cardigan
– 3 black tank tops (down from 6)
– 1 blue tank top
– 2 sheer tank tops for the gym
– 1 yellow tank
– 1 floral top for work
– 2 tops to wear over dresses
– 1 wife beater
– 2 t-shirts
– 2 pairs jeans (down from 4)
– 3 pairs leggings for under dresses (down from 6)
– 5 pairs leggings or yoga pants for the gym
– 1 pair of shorts
– 1 pair of joggers
– Gray Muji sneakers
– Black Haviana basic flip flops
– Black Tommy Hilfiger sandals with gold hardware
– Leopard print pointy flats
– Black pointy flats
In my next post, I’ll cover the prep work for extended international travel. I’ve got to catch my connection in Hong Kong, see you in 24 hours!