This weekend was all about spending as much time as I could with my mom before she goes back to Arizona. Bonus that she is staying with my sister, which meant lots of cuddle time with my new niece, Avacado. After lunch, we watched movies and then I realized I had to get home to meal prep for the week. I thawed chicken breasts in the fridge and soaked tricolor quinoa on Saturday night.
When I got home, all I had to do was chop the veggies and throw everything into the pressure cooker. The chicken will be shredded for roasted tomato and red pepper soup for the week. It could be used for chicken salad sandwiches, paleo tacos or salad.
Tomatillo Chile Chicken (Pressure Cooker Recipe)
- 16 oz Garlic & Herb Marinated Chicken Breasts (2 or 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 packet Frontera Taco Skillet
- 1 package Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Bell Pepper (red, yellow or green)
- 4 oz Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Put the liner in the pressure cooker and leave the lid off
- Add coconut oil and select "Rice" setting
- Chop the bell pepper, add the bell pepper to the pressure cooker stir around with a wooden spoon
- Add the chicken
- Add diced chilies and Frontera Taco Skillet sauce
- Turn the pressure valve to seal
- Close the lid, lock it and select "Chicken/Meat" setting
- It should take about 16 minutes, release the steam valve, keeping the steam away from face and arms.
- Once the steam has completely escaped, you can unlock the lid and take the lid off to cool the chicken or keep the warm setting on to serve later.
Copyright © Bombchel.com 2019
What are your thoughts?