After I started playing fantasy football, fall has meant football, sweaters and boots season. I’m impatiently waiting for the weather to be cooler in California, I’ve got boots to wear! Anyway, my mom bought a pressure cooker for my birthday, she bought it because I was fascinated by the informercial. One of the main reasons I wanted it was because you can make homemade or semi-homemade meals fairly quickly. This was appealing for meal prep and weeknight dinners or Monday Night Football.
The inspiration for these recipes was healthy football appetizers. This was my first time using a pressure cooker so I thought I should probably be supervised. My friend Patricia, invited me to watch football with her and her hubs. I thought what a great way to catch up and do kitchen experiments under supervision.
The following recipe is semi-homemade, using Rick Bayless’s Frontera Classic Fajita Sauce with chipotle and lime and Bufalo Salsa Chipotle.
- 4 lbs frozen chicken wings
- 1 packet Frontera Classic Faijita Sauce (available at Target or Walmart)
- A few dashes of Bufalo Salsa Chipotle (Target)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (Costco or Grocery Outlet)
- Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to the inner pot, then put the inner pot into the pressure cooker.
- Add 4 lbs of frozen chicken wings to the inner pot
- Open the packet of Frontera Classic Fajita Sauce and add a few dashes of Bufalo Salsa Chipotle to the packet and mix it up, then add it over the chicken wings making sure all of the chicken wings are covered.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker, put it in the locked position, make sure the valve is set to closed, then select the soup/stew setting which will cook the wings for 10 minutes. It could take 10 minutes for the pressure cooker to buildup steam, once it builds up, it will only take 10 minutes to cook.
- *For crispier wings, you can bake the wings on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Then dip it in the wing sauce before you serve them.
The instructions above are only guidelines, be sure to follow the safety instructions for your pressure cooker.
Safety Tip: Completely release the steam from your pressure cooker AWAY from hands/face before opening it.
What are your favorite pressure cooker recipes? Post them in the comments. Next up is my chile verde, semi-homemade pressure cooker quinoa.
– Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for all photos
– ipad mini for writing
– Evernote to write, organize and archive blog posts
– WordPress for Android to upload the written posts and pics
– Photofy for the football frame
– PicPlayPost for the video with Bombchel.com
– YouTube to upload the pressure cooker video
What are your thoughts?