Overnight paleo porridge for breakfast. You can make this overnight by adding the almond milk or coconut milk and leaving in the fridge, then microwave for a minute in the morning. Breakfast doesn’t get easier than this! Have it with some bulletproof coffee to kick start your morning. #goodnight #paleo #glutenfree #overnightoats #paleolifestyle #eatclean #trainmean #bombchel #homemade
Monday’s are great days for meal prep inspiration on Instagram, do a search for #mealprepmonday and you’ll find pictures and recipes of make ahead food for the week. Even though, I’m excited about Monday’s they are the worst days for me to wake up, I have a tendency to sleep straight through my alarm. My carpool buddies will text to say they are on their way and I have to tell them, go without me, I just woke up.
To save me from skipping breakfast, I prep green smoothies and paleo overnight oats so it’s pretty easy to bring a healthy breakfast for my commute. I bring sandwich bags of the dry ingredients of the paleo overnight oats to keep at my desk. If I’ve forgotten to eat breakfast, I could always pour the contents of the sandwich bag into a cup, add almond milk (supplied at work) and warm in the microwave.
For a complete breakfast you can have an Apple & Kale Green Smoothie, Bulletproof Coffee and Paleo overnight oats. This is the holy trinity of breakfast for me; veggies, coffee and something warm.
- 1/8 cup organic flaked coconut
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds or pecans (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a mason jar and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, warm the contents of the mason jar in the microwave for 1 to 1.5 minutes. Then enjoy!
- Combine all the ingredients except the milk of your choice in sandwich bags.
- Add coconut or almond milk into a sauce pan over medium heat. Dump the ingredients from the sandwich bag and stir.
- Bring to the simmer constantly stirring. Cook for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Recipe stats: 13.5g Carbs 6g Protein 226.1 Calories Estimated $0.40
What are your thoughts?