The goal at my gym is to lose 1 lb this month. That sounds easy enough except my weight has yo-yo’d up from indulging during my travels. No matter what anyone tells you, humidity will NOT melt off the food if you eat like it’s a sport. When I saw the number on the scale, I took a long hard look at the developing cellulite and told it, “bye Felicia”, my body is not your home!
Now that I’m on-board with eating 80% healthy and clean, I searched for easy, tasty meals to stay on track. They say, if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail…or something like that. Anyway, when I wake up I’m usually starving so I need to chug cold brew coffee with protein powder on my way to the gym to get nutrients and caffeine before the morning training session. Basically, to wake up enough to workout without getting hurt, bonus for the protein and no dairy…yay! Then when I get home I have to eat something to fill me up so I don’t end up snacking on chocolate or chips at work. Chocolate chips…yum! Whoops, almost forgot I’m not a foodie anymore, food is for fuel. I should get this tattooed on my hands.
In the morning, I was having oatmeal with almond butter but I don’t think my body responds well to carbs so I decided to go back to eating paleo since this is the only way I can lose weight without feeling hangry all the time. Below is a version of overnight “oats” which is paleo, gluten free and vegan. I took inspiration from the Grass Fed Girl’s Easy Breakfast Recipe: Paleo Oatmeal Gluten Free. As an aside, I don’t understand why it’s called “paleo oatmeal” or “overnight oats” when there are no oats in the recipe. Just saying’ also cinnamon reminds me of the holidays, that’s why this is my holiday edition of overnight oats.
Paleo Overnight Oats for Holidays
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds or your favorite seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup ground chia (you can leave them whole if you are lazy like me)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp stevia extract or honey to taste (leave this out if you are following 21 Day Sugar Detox)
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 to 2 tbsp collagen gelatin
- 1 to 2 tbsp vanilla grass fed whey protein
- Add water or almond milk to a mason jar or your favorite container with a lid.
- Add the remaining ingredients, put the lid on the mason jar.
- Shake it all up to make sure everything is mixed up, then put in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning, you can warm it in the microwave or add warmed almond or coconut milk to thin it out mix and eat!
Copyright © Bombchel.com 2019
The inspiration recipe tells you cook everything on the stove top like oatmeal. If you’re lazy, you can make it overnight oats style, warm your almond milk or coconut milk in the morning, stir it into the jar and then eat!
Super-duper easy breakfast, don’t tell me you don’t have time to grab a jar out of the fridge on the way to work. You can eat this at your desk or while you’re doing your makeup. Let me know how you like it if you try it…comment below!
What are your thoughts?